ODOO defines the meaning of ERP in Saudi Arabia
As one of the longest standing ERP vendors in Saudi Arabia, we often get asked by prospects (and potential employees) to define ERP. The Information Technology industry is renowned for its adoption of acronyms, which are often widely used, but not fully understood. The term ‘ERP’ itself is not self-explanatory and refers to the business software that has been designed to record and manage your enterprise data.
ERP System automates and integrates core business processes
Taking customer orders, scheduling operations, and keeping inventory records and financial data. ERP systems can drive huge improvements in the effectiveness of any organisation by:
- assisting you in defining your business processes and ensuring they are complied with throughout the supply chain;
- protecting your critical business data through well-defined roles and security access
- enabling you to plan your work load based on existing orders and forecasts
- providing you with the tools to give a high level of service to your customers
- translating your data into decision making information
Automation enhances productivity – By automating aspects of business processes, ERP makes them more efficient, less prone to error, and faster. It also frees up people from mundane tasks such as balancing data.
Increase overall performance – By integrating disparate business processes, ERP ensures coherence and avoids duplication, discontinuity, and people working at cross purposes, in different parts of the organisation. The cumulative positive effect when business processes integrate well is overall superior performance by the organisation.
Integrates across the entire supply chain – A best of breed ERP system should extend beyond your organisation and integrate with both your supplier and customer systems to ensure full visibility and efficiency across your supply chain.